Full-Time JET Programme Coordinator Position
The Consulate-General of Japan in Calgary is currently accepting applications for the JET Programme Coordinator position.
Please submit your resume with a cover letter in English to Robin Verrall before 17:00, Wednesday, August 8th, 2012 in one of the following ways:
1) Email: email@example.com
2) Mail: Consulate General of Japan in Calgary (ATTN: JET Coordinator)
2300 TransCanada Tower
450 –1st Street SW
Calgary, Alberta T2P 5H1
3) FAX: 403-294-1645
4) In Person: at the Consulate General of Japan in Calgary (address written above)
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Answering inquiries regarding the JET Programme (by e-mail and in person)
- Actively promoting the JET Programme in Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba
- Budgeting of the JET Programme (yearly and by event)
- Coordinating the JET interviews (including travel to Winnipeg), training and departure
- Corresponding with other JET Coordinators in Canada, making incremental improvements to the Programme
- Working with JET Alumni Associations (JETAA) to process their budget requests and payments
- Other duties related to Information and Cultural Affairs
- Date and period of contract
- One to three year contract (negotiable), including a one month probationary period, commencing on September 4th, 2012.
We would like to hear from you if you:
- Have excellent organizational, problem solving and public speaking skills
- Are comfortable working independently and taking initiative
- Are familiar with MS Office tools such as Word, Excel and the internet
- Have knowledge of the Japanese public education system
- Have experience living in Japan
- Are pleasant and enjoy working with people
- Are a JET Alumnus (preferred)
- Are willing to undergo a police record check
- Contract Conditions
- Full-time position
- Commences on September 4th, 2012.
- Working hours: 9:00-12:30, 13:30-17:00, Monday – Friday except Consulate holidays
- Some overtime will be mandatory for events related to the Consulate.
- Salary: to be determined by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Headquarters according to experience.