The Consulate-General of Japan in Calgary invites applications for the following staff position.
- Position: Advisor in the Economic Affairs Section
- Employer: Consulate-General of Japan in Calgary
- Location : Consulate-General of Japan in Calgary
Suite 950 517 10th Avenue SW, Calgary, Alberta T2R 0A8
- Term of Employment : one-year, full-time contract with possibility of renewal
- Anticipated Start Date :9th,April 2019
- Job Description: The Advisor in the Economic Affairs Section reports to the Consul for Economic Affairs, by performing the following duties:
- Collecting and analyzing economic data, with a particular focus on the oil and gas, mining, agriculture, forestry, and tourism sectors in the Consulate-General’s jurisdiction (comprised of Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories), using the Canadian International Merchandise Trade (CIMT) database and other quantitative and qualitative resources.
- Reporting regularly on relevant business developments in the office’s jurisdiction, drawing from popular media sources and reporting from relevant academic institutions and think tanks.
- Accompanying the Consul General and/or Consul in meetings with industry representatives, government officials, and other relevant stakeholders, and reporting in detail on the discussions and their outcomes.
- Participating in relevant industry events, as well as events organized by the Consulate-General to promote Japanese culture and Japan’s strategic interests.
- Other duties as required.
- Minimum Qualifications: Completion of an undergraduate university degree in the social sciences (preferably in Economics, or Public Administration), familiarity with major industries in the Consulate-General’s jurisdiction, and Canadian citizenship.
- Salary (Monthly): $4,000 approximately (to be negotiated with the successful applicant)
- Deadline for Applications: 22nd,March 2019
- How to Apply: Please e-mail your curriculum vitae, a cover letter for this position, and a letter of reference to ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) , citing “Advisor in the Economic Affairs Section” in the subject line.